Move for Wellness
all ages and abilities
Raising money to help people enjoy life and live the best way they can.
Good physical health, good mental health.
MAKE A DONATION
Join the Movement
Watch a video of us moving for wellness
Volunteers & Contributors
#maninatutu is booked to take part in the Regents Park 10K on June 6th, the Queen Elizabeth Stadium 10K on July 17th, and The Great South Run (10 miles) in October.
About Move for Wellness
Move For Wellness 2021 started on Sunday 21 February 2021. I will (virtually), wearing a Tutu walk, jog and spin around the coast of The United Kingdom. Starting in Bushey, the route will follow the south coast to Lands’ End, then up to Cardiff, Manchester, John O’Groats, Edinburgh, Leeds, Norwich, Colchester and back to Bushey. As it is a Virtual Jog/Walk we will be posting “photos” when I reach specific landmarks and all daily miles covered recorded.
As the number of people now identified as suffering from some form of mental health issue has risen to 80% of the population, the aim is to raise £36,500. As the NHS is swamped just coping with the effects of Covid-19, the money will be used to provide help and assistance where possible. I hope you will feel generous and support my efforts and sponsor me.
It has long been understood that without good physicality we can’t have good mental health. However, good physicality means understanding and learning to avoid toxic people, processed food and situations. It is about learning to look in the mirror and seeing the real you and learning to love who you are “Warts and all” as they say.
Through Move For Wellness I hope we and you can help people begin to enjoy life and live the best way they can.
Aims of Move for Wellness
- To encourage people to be active and enjoy a healthier lifestyle as this promotes good mental health.
- To provide help, where possible, to improve the lives of anyone suffering from poor mental or physical health regardless of age, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- To encourage everyone who can to support those in need via exercise, nutrition, understanding or laughter and friendship.
- To encourage everybody to share their unique stories of diversity, adversity, trauma and ill health where possible, so that others with similar experiences may feel less alone.
- Where possible, to financially support communities with the cost of mental and physical health care.
- To normalise dialogue around diversity and disability to help everyone feel safe, supported and included, and to help educate those who may not have experience in these matters.
How to Get Involved
To make it interesting there are a number of ways to sponsor me, including the number of steps, feet, yards or miles you want me to do. If this appeals to you then it’s 50p per step or £1.00 for each foot or £5.00 per yard, or £10.00 a mile. Or you can just make a donation that you feel comfortable with for the entire 2021 miles. All money raised will be used to help people suffering from trauma related issues.
However, I would also like to encourage everyone to take part regardless of age or ability as any movement outside your day to day movement is a step in the right direction. It can be slowly built up from 2021 seconds to 2021 minutes. As the Move For Wellness is not limited to the UK you can join in anywhere. So why not walk or skip or jog around your neighbourhood, town, city or county. Why? Because exercise in any form is the fastest way to raise your endorphin levels, which cause you to feel happy and relaxed.
Make a Donation
Support physical & mental health
To ensure total proprietary and transparency, every penny raised will be passed to a committee of independent people who will be charged at distributing the money to those in need.